LAM Christian Academy | Education
For us, teaching is more than just imparting knowledge. Our primary directive is to cultivate an excitement and love of learning in our students. Our school's mission statement: To provide a premier academic education to all students in a nurturing Christian environment and to share Christ's love with their families. Thanks to a dedicated staff, committed parents, and motivated students, LAM can focus on a premier curriculum. LAM recognizes the future of education and is fulfilling those needs by transitioning to Singapore math and a state-of-the-art science curriculum. This is part of our commitment to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math). LAM provides a low student to staff ration in the major disciplines of English, mathematics, science history, and Bible education. Spanish or Latin is part of the curriculum for all grades starting in preschool. A special emphasis is placed on the fine arts of music, drama, and art. Students excel in public speaking and participate in a wide range of performances throughout the school year. A before and after school program, summer camps, and Monday extra-curricular classes are available. LAM students consistently advance to the district/regional/state levels in speech meets, spelling bees, and Lego League Robotic competitions.
Member of Associated Christian Schools International – ACSI
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible is the Word of God, and therefore our authority in all matters of faith and life.
2. We believe in the one, true God, as he has made himself known through the Bible, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and confessed by the Church in the Apostles’ Creed.
3. We believe what the Apostle Paul clearly states in several books of the Bible, “By grace you have been saved through faith.”
4. We believe that by his life, death, and resurrection, Jesus Christ fulfilled God’s will and opened the Kingdom of Heaven to all who believe in him.
5. We believe God claims us as his own through Holy Baptism and empowers us with his Holy Spirit to be his people.
6. We believe we are called by Christ to be his witnesses and testify with our lives that Jesus is “the way, the truth, and the life.”
7. We believe we are called to be examples of our faith in service and love for others.
Therefore, the staff will, to the best of their abilities and with the help of God, share the love of Christ with the children entrusted in their care, with their parents, families, and with others. We will teach only in accordance with the statement of faith stated above. We will work together with others to maintain harmony and unity in this school, showing forgiveness, honesty and integrity in our relationships.